The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site.
If you visit our site to browse, or to read or download information:
- We collect and store: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com or princeton.edu); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful.
- Avon Public Schools does not specifically seek or collect information from children 13 years of age or younger through our web site.
- Parents have the right to approve, disapprove, or revoke a previously granted right to post a student's picture or other personally identifiable information.
* What are Cookies?
A "cookie" is a small text file that a web site can place on your computer's hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online "shopping cart" to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the web site's computer that, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most consumers do not know that "cookies" are being placed on their computers when they visit web sites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a web site attempts to place a "cookie" on your computer.
If you choose to identify yourself by sending us an email:
- We use information sent to us through e-mail in various ways to further our mission of providing immediate and accurate responses to concerns and requests for information. We may share the information you send with other departments within the district if we believe that doing so will answer your questions or resolve a concern.
- Avon Public Schools will cooperate fully with local, state, or federal officials in any investigation concerning or relating to any illegal activities conducted through this website.
Here's what you should know about the security of the information you provide to us:
- We do not use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of information you submit to us through online forms.
- You should also know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If the information you are sending is of a sensitive nature, you should consider contacting us by telephone or by postal mail.
Linking to other websites from the Avon Public School's Website:
This web site links to documents located on web sites maintained by other organizations. The linked sites are not under the control of the Avon School District, and the Avon School District is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Avon School District is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the Avon Schools.